Wednesday in my Studio
When Not Arriving at TAFE isn’t Slacking Off
I am not sure if anyone noticed my absence from TAFE today, but since I have all my projects completed (as far as I know) I am working on some Materials Studies and Context and Culture of my own.
I will be in the painting room upstairs on Friday morning to work on the portrait some have seen me struggling with!
Today I have:
- Gessoed some new canvasses that I have put together
- Sorted watercolours, acrylic and mixed media paintings, drawings etc in map drawers and archived them into plastic archival bags
- Thrown out some old matt boards and drawings etc that are not up to spec
- Put aside some paintings that I have decided to paint over, so have next to my easel ready to sand back and put a coat of oil paint on to disguise a bit
- Started sorting paintings to go to Moodi’s Cafe in Pearcedale to replace the ones that I have had there for the past season.
- Checked Blog site for messages and proof read a few of my articles for assessment
- Followed up with one of my art guilds about going on their web site with other members
- Sorted out old oil paintings for archiving or disposal so I can store the frames for other uses (this cleared up the studio reading room a bit)
This is all apart from the personal stuff of weeding in the garden, tidying our cottage, doing dishes, putting out 3 loads of washing, washing my car (shocking I know!), checking livestock, cleaning out the carport, responding to email etc (and its only 2pm!). Later today came grocery shopping, visit to local nursery for some new plants, dropping off paintings at cafe, petrol for mowers, putting away washing and then I get a bit of rest to watch 2 art programs I recorded this week.
Anyone feeling tired yet? boy, I know I am!!! 😉
Thursday morning I have a training session at McClelland Gallery for volunteers, which is always fun – apart from the fact that they supply free coffees for us!
Friday night I will be at Walker Street Gallery for the art exhibition with hubbie. I am very keen to see what the advanced diploma students have produced!
Saturday afternoon I will be at McClelland Guild of Artists for the last monthly demo of the year. The theme is landscape (rural) so I am taking one of my oil paintings to be judged – we will see what the demonstrating artist makes of it.
Monday night is the last demonstration for the pastel society for the year, which I get a lift to with an artist friend. Always a very good night. The professional members will be doing an assessment and appraisal evening (I was not asked so will not be doing this) for anyone wanting to bring a pastel artwork along. I haven’t decided whether to participate – as in bring an artwork to be appraised, or just watch and listen for this one.